Alder Commons Members
Anyone who wants to regularly spend time at Alder Commons should consider becoming a Member! Some Members will only be around twice a month, and others may come most days of the week. Some Members will join as a household, and others will sign up individually. Even if you think you’ll only come once a month, you can still be a Member!
Alder Commons will also host regular events that are open to the public, which non-Members are welcome to attend.
All Members gain access to…
- Unlimited Alder Commons classes, workshops, and clubs
- All in-house programs are included with the cost of membership!
- Classes, workshops, and clubs will be offered on a huge variety of subjects, informed by the interests of Members. Learn more about our Programs.
- Some programs may ask for additional fees to cover the cost of materials.
- Some programs are offered on-site by third parties and may have their own fee schedule.
- Workshop with woodworking tools, art supplies, and room to make a creative mess
- Community Kitchen
- Library with books galore
- Coworking Space (additional fee for reserving a desk)
- Play and Imagination Room
- Outdoor Adventure Playground
- Reservable rooms
- On-site bike and car parking
- Keyless entry for after-hours access
- Alder Commons Community Events
- Speaker Series
- Movie Screenings
- Trainings on Equity & Social Justice
- Craft Markets
- Other Pop-up Events
- A community of Members who align with our core values
- Discounts from local business partners
Sliding Scale Suggested Pricing
In order to ensure access for all community members, our pricing suggestions are set to a sliding scale. The prices that we suggest represent what we would expect someone with a given household income to pay for what we’re offering. However, we’re fully aware that household income doesn’t directly correlate to disposable income. Community members are free to pay exactly the suggested price, more if they’d like to contribute more, or less if the suggested price is beyond their means.
There are three major factors in determining a family or individual’s suggested membership price:
- Frequency of Use
- Household size
- Household income
Check back soon for pricing details.
Alder Commons is an all-ages learning center, which means that we will have adults and young people alike in many shared spaces. Once we provide drop-off programming for young people (anticipated to begin in June 2020), we will be licensed as a Child Care Center. Accordingly, we will require that all Members who are 18 years or older be enrolled in the Office of Child Care’s Central Background Registry.
Membership enrollment will open sometime in Spring 2020, but we’d love to hear from you in the meantime! Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions or to let us know if you’re interested in becoming a Member.
Alder Commons is not a Membership Corporation. Alder Commons Members do not have official voting or governing duties.