Anyone who wants to regularly spend time at Alder Commons should consider becoming a Member! Some Members are only around twice a month, and others come most days of the week. Members can join AC as a household, as an organization (email us), or individually. We do not currently offer drop-off childcare, but Members 13 years or older may be present without a caretaker.
All Members gain access to…
- Access to Members-Only Alder Commons classes, workshops, and clubs.
- Workshop with woodworking tools, art supplies, and room to make a creative mess
- Community Kitchen
- Library with books galore
- Coworking room
- Play and Imagination Room
- Outdoor loose-parts playground
- Reservable rooms
- On-site bike and car parking
- Community Events
- Speaker Series
- Movie Screenings
- Trainings on Equity & Social Justice
- Craft Markets
- Other Pop-up Events
- A community of Members who align with our core values
Sliding Scale Pricing
In order to ensure access for all community members, our price suggestions are set to a sliding scale. You can use the widget below to see the suggested membership price for you or your family. Note: reserved desks and space come with additional costs.
Alder Commons is an all-ages community center, which means that we have adults and young people alike in many shared spaces. To ensure a safe environment for our younger members, we require that all Members who are 18 years or older complete a background check.
If you’re interested in becoming a Member, fill out the Interest Form below! We can schedule a meeting to show you the space, share more about our long-term vision, and answer any questions you may have.Interest Form
Alder Commons is not a Membership Corporation. Alder Commons Members do not have official voting or governing duties.