A Hub for Self-Directed Work & PlayPortland, Oregon — 2019
Alder Commons will be a community center that offers a co-working space for adults and teens, as well as facilitated self-directed education for young people.
Our mission is to cultivate an equitable, all-ages community of self-directed learners.
We aim to reduce barriers between youth and adults of diverse backgrounds by providing a safe and inclusive space for them to share knowledge and resources.
We hope to blur the lines between school and life by offering:
- Elective Classes for Members of All Ages
- Collaborative and Self-Directed Passion Projects
- Shared Workspaces and Resources
- Mentorship and Internship Opportunities
- Adventures and Excursions in the Greater Community
Feel free to contact us: