Alder Commons is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community space where kids and adults alike attend workshops and classes, and spend their time freely. A multigenerational and multicultural community, we practice and promote our Core Values of Self-Determination, Collective Liberation, and Community Support.
All of the 15+ programs that we host every week are either free or offered with sliding-scale fees. Our 300+ Members use our space as an affordable office alternative, as a space to play and learn, as their artist studios, and even as a place to run their food-based businesses. Members include coworkers, artists, organizations, families, and self-directed learners of all ages. Over a dozen other nonprofits are part of the community as Organizational Members. We also operate sliding-scale event rentals for mission-aligned community organizations and groups to gather in person.
- Learn about our staff, volunteers, and board.
- We operate in partnership with some amazing orgs.
- Our philosophy will give you a sense of how we see ourselves at Alder Commons.
- Our FAQ and our facilities can show you more.
- Alder Commons in the press.
- Contact us in-person or online.
- Find our physical location and ADA information